With Summer in full swing in Rancho Sahuarita, it is important to remember that safety comes first – especially when it comes to water, the outdoors and nature that’s roaming around in the season’s heat!
Check out these Summer Safety Tips, from local fire protection provider, Rural/Metro Fire Department.
- Have a phone nearby the pool to dial 911 in case of an emergency.
- Watch children at all times.
- Know the basics of life-saving, including CPR.
- Be prepared, take plenty of water, and wear sunscreen and light colored clothing. Let someone know your planned route and when you should be home.
- Start with a very clean barbecue and a safe area to cook in. Move the barbecue away from your home and the overhanging roof. If using propane, insure that the connection to the bottle is tight and there are no leaks in the rubber hoses. Make sure the barbecue has cooled off before storing. Storing of chemicals should be away from any heat the cooking area may produce.
- Snakes have colors and patterns that allow them to blend into their surroundings so watch where you step or reach with your hands. On warm nights snakes will be more active so carry a flashlight to light your path or turn lights on before going out onto your porch or patio. We provide snake removal services to keep you and the animal safe.