Sahuarita Times: Buying New or Buying Resale: Which is for you?

Should you buy a new house, or a resale? Award-winning homebuilder KB Home, which is currently constructing new homes in northern Rancho Sahuarita has this tip sheet for those who can’t decide between new construction and existing homes.


When you buy a new home, you have the ability to design a house according to your needs. The homesite, floor plan and décor features are all up to you. In a resale, you have the choice of location, but the floor plan and fixtures are “what you see is what you get.” Compare that to KB Home, where houses are all “Built to Order,” and “what you want is what you get.”


Each KB Home is ENERGY STAR-certified and comes with brand new appliances, reducing your energy bills versus an older resale home. A new home also comes with a 10-year limited warranty; a similar warranty on a resale property might cost an additional $500 out-of-pocket annually.


No remodeling is required when you buy a brand new house. If you’re the handy type, a resale might be a little more fun for you, but if you’re too busy to manage home projects on top of moving your family, a new construction home will get you moved in quickly.


Purchasing a home, new or resale, comes with significant tax benefits.* People who have spent many years renting are often surprised to learn how affordable a mortgage can be, especially with today’s current interest rates still at historic lows. Purchasing a home from a builder rather than from an individual homeowner can also sometimes mean. Some homebuilders also offer buyers special discounts and incentives for purchasing a new home that an individual property owner can’t offer.

To view KB’s model homes, visit the Presidio Porvenir sales office:

13858 S. Camino Acelga
Sahuarita, AZ 85629

(520) 625-4764

Hours: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily

*Individual tax and financial circumstances will vary. This is not a representation or guarantee of any tax benefits of homeownership, property taxes, fees and costs for tax purposes. Consult your tax advisor.