(Tuesday, April 22nd, 2014)
Sahuarita High School is celebrating Be Kind Week, a celebration of goodwill and kindness. Here’s what they’re up to:
• Be Kind messages — students write positive messages to one another.
• Friends of Rachel Club selling Be Kind bracelets and jewelry.
• Music at lunch all week.
• FOR Club love letters — members place anonymous letters for students to find.
• National Honor Society will show the movie “I am” at 6 p.m.
• Do Something Club collecting t-shirts for those in need.
• Do Something Club shows video during homeroom on “Step It Up Be Kind,” featuring SHS students and will be pass out bracelets that say Step It Up to students who have shown immense kindness.
• Photo Club: Buddy pictures by cafeteria.
• The Do Something Club gave away free candy bars.
• National Honor Society: Sign up with them for the Wall of Hugs that will happen on Hug Day.
• HHS: Sign up with them for the Wall of Hugs that will happen on Hug Day.
• Be Kind shirts passed out. Wear them on Friday!
• Entire school participates in making sandwich making — 1,000 lunches equals 2,000 sandwiches.
Students, faculty and staff are all bringing in bread, jelly, peanut butter, cookies, bags and kind messages to put in lunches. First-graders from Copper View will be here to help.
• NHS: Sign up with them for the Wall of Hugs that will happen on Hug Day.
• Be Kind messages passed out.
• Music at lunch
• FOR Club
• Wear Be Kind shirts
• NHS Hug Day
• Do Something Club going to Ronald McDonald House with Culinary Arts to make dinner for families of sick children who are at UMC.